Wednesday, March 14, 2007

first project down



Finished my first project! A digital camera case…which is essentially a rectangle sewn together into a sock. Digital camera slides in & I pulled the rope handle through so I can hold the camera while it’s covered, then slide the cover off (with no risk of loosing it) when I want to take a picture.

I’d been stuck on finishing it because had no darning needle & per my first post ‘knitting’s hard’ went to The Point looking for one, but they were out. Cool thing is ‘Harlem Purls’ left me a note about ‘Knit NY’ selling darning needles for a buck at the register. Took the train over Sunday afternoon – bought a needle (and some buttons for a project I have yet to dream up). Knitting stores are dangerous...I go in for 1 thing, and come out with a few more…that I don't need, but that are darn purdy.

Knit New York is my favorite knit store/cafe hybrid i've discovered. The only other place I've been is The Point, which is nice, but a little hectic for my taste. Knit NY felt comfortable & relaxed by comparison. Like someplace where I could sit down, relax, have a snack & and knit. Funny coincidence that I essentially named my blog after it...before I'd heard of it...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Can you post a photo of the camera case?

kate said...

posted :)